Do you enjoy using data to solve complex and nuanced problems? Are you passionate about game security? Do you want to empower security analysts to find bad actors, discover new cheats, and swing the ban hammer? Do you enjoy collaborating with a wide range of teams and partnering with diverse individuals across a variety of roles? At Bungie, we build worlds that inspire friendships, and we use data to create awesome player experiences while ensuring an even playing field.
As a Data Scientist (Anti-Cheat) at Bungie, you will design and develop analyses and algorithms that will help the security team identify and take action against cheaters. You will partner with our data and analytics teams to develop new methods of detecting anomalous player behavior and environment data that may indicate cheating and to improve the rigor of our existing methods. You will then work with our tools developers to surface these insights to our analysts. You will work daily with experts in code security, tools, analysis, and services, to make Destiny a more secure place for gamers. Most importantly, you will work with a passionate, energetic team devoted to making the best games in the world.
This position is available for full-time remote work in WA & CA.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Design and maintain scalable, production-quality anomaly detection tools
- Gather requirements from multiple teams and translate them into data solutions
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of analysts and engineers
- Design and maintain ML and statistical models as appropriate to inform anti-cheat operations and measure performance
- Surface and communicate the results of these analyses to technical and non-technical colleagues (e.g., by generating dashboards or reports)
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or in a similar role
- Proficient with SQL and python
- Experience in applying ML models and statistical analysis
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in computer science, data science, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Big Data
- Experience in security or security analysis or fraud detection roles
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Experience or interest in data warehousing/engineering
- Willing to manage 1 – 2 engineers or analysts
- Enthusiasm for Bungie games and passion for keeping cheaters out of multiplayer games