Bungie seeks an experienced Product Leader for an exciting opportunity to lead the next Destiny 2 Expansion! This person joins the Destiny 2 Leadership Team (D2LT) and guides the expansion to an on-time, high quality release that meets our business goals. The Expansion Project Lead works closely with the Assistant Game Director (AGD), the D2LT, and Project Leadership to build healthy processes, identify product risks, and resolve alignment disputes between development teams. As a member of the D2LT, this person ensures that expansion project decisions stay aligned with broader Franchise plans and goals.
The Project Lead is ultimately accountable for the success of the holistic business and product quality of the Expansion. This includes all features, events, and the season that launches alongside the Expansion release. This person coordinates the efforts of the Destiny 2 Directors to ensure that contributions from all parts of the D2 machine form a cohesive whole and a high-quality, successful product.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Ultimate decider for all Expansion-related product calls
- Accountable to the Destiny 2 Executive Producer
- Partner with the Associate Game Director on this Expansion to ensure this ships on-time, reaches its business goals, and achieves both the product vision and quality bar
- Work with the Destiny 2 Leadership Team to ensure the Expansion receives all vital Franchise guidance
- With the support of the Development Leadership, build and run all release processes to consistently hit production milestones at quality and ship a world-class experience
- Proactively identify and resolve misalignment and gaps between the development teams
- Be supportive, accommodating, and encouraging of the many simultaneous Destiny commitments that are not related to the Expansion release
- Proven experience successfully shipping AAA experiences to players
- Demonstrated product success as a cross-disciplinary leader working at 30+ person scale
- Strong production skills, with the ability to identify and build new collaboration, evaluation, and risk-mitigation processes where needed
- Capacity to evaluate and trade-off opposing creative, schedule, and business needs
- Ability to make critical, tough calls, and empathetically guide their their rollout with the team
- High "EQ" and excellent communication skills
- Established excellence as a communicator and facilitator