Bungie is looking for a Narrative Designer to join the Destiny 2 team. In this role you will work closely with the various small teams within systems to write strings for rewards and collaborate on narrative context for features. This includes being an advocate for Franchise narrative goals and collaborating with the Expansion and Seasonal teams to help support their creative goals through your content.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Work with the Systems team to write compelling strings for gear and systems
- Align with the Seasonal and Expansion teams on direction for release narratives, and advocate for that direction within Systems
- Be an advocate for Franchise narrative goals when collaborating with designers on fiction support for new systems and features
- Aid in the development of Narrative Design documentation that guides the creation of content within Systems
- Occasionally create captivating activity dialogue and cinematic content that remain on tone with the established style of the franchise and the product
- Contribute to the creation of multifaceted stories and three-dimensional characters with strong motivations and well-defined dramatic arcs
- Collaborate with and inspire the development team to deliver on story goals
- Iterate and modify work based on direction from both Project and Narrative Leadership
- Ensure that the Narrative team deliverables are completed in accordance with challenging deadlines and production realities
- Use proprietary content creation tools to implement voiced and non-voiced dialogue and UI text.
- Support an imaginative and fun work environment
- Promote healthy workflows and solicit support for improvements
- Experience in game narrative design and writing, with a preference for AAA or MMO titles
- Must be able to take direction well, yet own and drive tasks
- Ability to iterate and react to feedback in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to assess and emulate the tone, themes, and character voices of Destiny
- Strong game and prose writing abilities
- A passion for and knowledge of narrative in games and other interactive experiences
- Comfortable working with proprietary toolsets
- Exemplary interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional team player with the ability to collaborate towards achieving product goals
- Experience working on a live game ("games as a service")