At Bungie, we strive to be the destination where creative and technical talent come to do their best work. We also realize building and getting entertainment to market requires talent across multiple functions and disciplines. Our games are only made possible by combining the talents of a diverse range of professionals, and as our studio grows, so must the team that enables a positive employee experience and environment.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team who has demonstrated passion for building positive and engaged work cultures. This role will include working with employees and managers to guide, coach, and support issue resolution, as well as providing program recommendations and implementation tied to improving employee and manager experience. The role requires the ability to assess, consult, and manage across a variety of employee relations topics and issues. You will provide guidance and coaching on conflict resolution, performance counseling, disciplinary action, and policy interpretation and application, and you will be responsible for enhancements which will support a positive work environment. You will also leverage data and analytics to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee relations.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Work directly with managers and employees to assess, advise on, and resolve a variety of situations, including but not limited to: interpersonal/communication challenges, performance issues, behavioral issues, medical accommodation requests, leave of absence requests, and application of Bungie policy
- Proactively identify and analyze data to recognize ER trends and patterns that will assist the People Team in their strategic work with creating an inclusive culture; recommend solutions
- Coach managers on best practices related to employee relations topics (e.g. giving effective feedback, documentation, etc.)
- Consult managers on Employee Survey feedback interpretation and action plan recommendations
- Serve as escalation point for employee performance issues. Partner with managers to recommend appropriate action and advise on related documentation, including Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs)
- Conduct investigations, partnering with People Team colleagues and Legal counsel (both internal and external) on employee issues that are highly sensitive
- Advise on the development, improvement, and implementation of policies and procedures that will help create a more inclusive culture
- Proactively engage with managers regarding the health of their organizations
- Contribute to People Team project work as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships and effectively partner at all levels to take appropriate action in addressing issues
- Prior employee relations experience
- Knowledge of the latest regulations, trends, and best practices in human resources, including an in-depth understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws. Experience and understanding of California employment law a plus
- Ability to leverage understanding of employment law and HR policies, programs, and benefits to counsel employees and recommend appropriate solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, including: a demonstrated ability to convey information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, strong mediation and counseling skills, and the ability to drive to effective outcomes during conflict resolution
- Ability to handle highly confidential and personal information in a professional manner
- Ability to act as an objective third party and unbiased advisor, effectively balancing advocating for employees with mitigating risk to the company
- Excellent instinct and judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results in complex scenarios
- Knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion approaches and experience working on EDI initiatives