Bungie is creating worlds that inspire friendships. We believe the potential of games is not just to entertain individuals, but to bring together players from all over the world to form lifelong memories. As the creator of iconic games such as Destiny, we continue to innovate in the world of gaming, delivering amazing player experiences, and building a culture where employees can be their best selves in a high-performing and fun environment.
Bungie is looking for an Editorial Manager for Internal Communications to oversee employee studio communications. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, can deliver at a high quality on deadline, and will be responsible for maintaining a regular cadence of high-quality, engaging communications intended for Bungie’s talented and diverse employees. This work will include creating and writing studio-facing messages with a consistent voice, delivering day-to-day writing and creative internal comms-related needs on behalf of multiple stakeholders across the studio, creating communications plans and strategy across a variety of internal channels, all the while keeping in mind our culture, values, and goals.
We’re looking for a strong and disciplined communications professional with extensive writing skill who can creatively partner with Bungie leadership and who can adapt to multiple priorities across diverse disciplines at Bungie, including the People Team, Business Operations, and Finance.
This position reports to the Publishing Editorial Lead.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Work with Bungie Leadership, People, Finance, Legal, and IT/OPs teams to draft internal and external communication materials covering multiple touchpoints, including policy, updates, and announcements, under the craft expertise and guidance of the Editorial Lead
- Craft effective presentations to the studio utilizing best-in-class storytelling, content organization, message flow, grammar, proof reading, and editing
- Assist in the drafting of proactive and reactive messaging and FAQs
- Drive Bungie internal studio communication strategy and support by developing and implementing communications plans, writing and editing communication deliverables, and publishing content across a variety of internal channels, such as studio updates, e-mails/blogs, and company meetings
- Collaborate with studio leadership and internal stakeholders across the studio to understand Bungie culture and goals and define the communication objectives and outcomes needed to support and deliver on those goals
- Design communication programs with a data-informed approach, utilizing studio-facing data, insights, and inputs to inform messaging
- Maintain consistency in studio voice across all internal communications
- Analyze the effectiveness of communication efforts, improve upon existing processes, and explore new communication approaches
- Contribute to and maintain Bungie communication best practices documentation, including internal style guidelines
- Proven track record of creating exceptional short- and long-form written content at high velocity, while maintaining the highest of standards for attention to detail, tone, and grammar
- Prior internal communications experience
- Proven expertise in crafting high-visibility messaging for executive leadership
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to execute projects with multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with the ability to effectively and succinctly communicate information and ideas
- Ability to remain resilient, proactive, and self-motivated while multitasking and balancing a demanding workload in a collaborative, team-focused environment
- Experience building PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in drafting HR policy
- Experience with enterprise scale live operations, games as a service, MMO, and mobile and companion experiences
- Previous experience with high stakes, high volume responsibilities and deliverables with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Familiarity with the Destiny franchise
- Gaming industry experience