Do you enjoy using data to solve complex and nuanced problems? Do you want to empower game developers with knowledge for important decisions? At Bungie, we build worlds that inspire friendships, and we use data to create awesome player experiences.
As a Data Engineer at Bungie, you will design and develop data systems that scale with our games. You will learn the nuance of data from various systems (client telemetry, gameplay, marketing, etc.) and transform that raw data into actionable insights. You will work daily with analysts, designers, and other engineers to understand how we can build experiences that our players want. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, energetic team devoted to making the best games in the world.
This position is available for full-time remote work in WA & CA.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Design and maintain scalable, production-quality data pipelines and ETL
- Transform raw data into efficient datasets to support the reporting needs of data consumers
- Gather requirements and translate them into clean code and data warehouse design
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, and engineers
- Proficient with SQL and Python
- Exemplary communication skills: Listen to, speak with, and resolve conflicts with members of varied disciplines and external partners in a clear and efficient manner
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Big Data tools
- Degree in computer science, data science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Experience with data warehousing, data quality and monitoring
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Enthusiasm for Bungie games