Can you build experiences that create both in-the-moment fun as well as pursuits lasting days, weeks, or months? Do you like flexibly moving between the scripting, level design, gameplay design, pursuit design, and systems design to do whatever needs to get done? (Or do you want to learn to?) We are looking for someone to help build the next generation of Destiny ritual experiences!
As an Associate Ritual Designer, you will work closely with Activity and Rewards Designers, World Artists, and other disciplines to design and implement ritual content and systems. Some examples may include game maps and modes, or difficulty, rewards, or other ritual and world systems.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Spec, build, and maintain cooperative and competitive replayable activities and pursuit content
- Design, implement, and balance pursuit content that drives regular player engagement in rituals
- Collaborate with economy designers to determine and implement reward points for your content
- Skillfully revise the design vision for your content based on insights from studio leadership, project leads, playtesting, and the player community
- Understanding of shared world player experience, ritual, and economy design
- Ability to take amazing hand-crafted experiences and turn them into systems that players want to return to again and again
- Effective documentation skills and a desire to formalize and future-proof design processes
- Technical experience with text-based script or code for a work or home game project
- Clear and empathetic communicator
- Experience across multiple development projects or platforms
- Familiarity with multiplayer map design
- Deep understanding of competitive experiences
- Familiarity with Destiny