Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Would you like to work on something comedic with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Do you spend your time deconstructing the latest PvP games to understand how they work? Do you analyze how teamplay dynamics are affected by everything from moment-to-moment abilities to high-level macro objectives? Are you excited to design game systems that allow for interesting strategic decisions, multiple vectors of player learning, and the depth to support hundreds of hours of gameplay?
As a Multiplayer Systems Designer, you will work with a team to prototype different game ideas on the path to production. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to turning a creative dream into a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Conceive of, build, and iterate on competitive multiplayer game mechanics that provide strategic depth and opportunities for counterplay
- Contribute to and uphold the creative vision of the game, ensuring consistency across all aspects of game design
- Collaborate daily with the team through feedback, design guidance, roadmaps, and providing clear goals and outcomes to teammates
- Deliver functional specifications and prototype concepts and content as needed to help drive the overall product direction
- Comfortable with uncertainty in a fast moving and ambiguous small team environment with minimal oversight
- Embrace a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Experience shipping ongoing live updates to a successful PvP game
- Technical experience with text-based script or code for a work or home game project
- Strong familiarity with global gaming markets and the competitive gaming/esports landscape
- Strong understanding of multiplayer map design
- Familiarity with development using Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Experience managing/leading a team of designers