Bungie is searching for a Software Engineer to join our publishing development team and help build the tools that enable our amazing players and our awesome third-party community.
As a member of the team, you will help build the companion experiences that are a constant presence in the lives of most players, ranging from Bungie.net to the Destiny 2 companion app. Your team is also the primary maintainers and developers for the API that makes Destiny Item Manager and other 3rd party tools possible. Finally, we provide tool engineering support to internal teams. Delivering on a consistent agile cadence with modern CI\CD, our services engineers build the back-end that allows us to operate at the petabyte scale.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Builds the web services used to support and extend player experience, ranging from player stats to key parts of the multiplayer experience
- Uses existing open-source technology where plausible, internal technology when possible, and new engineering when necessary
- Supports and extends a broad base of existing functionality built with C# and SQL, refactoring where needed
- Experience with .NET Core & C#, preferably centered on web services
- Experience with SQL and data engineering
- Bachelors of Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience working in Agile software development
- Typescript experience