Help define the future of Bungie Game Services! Are you excited about being on the front line of releasing online games to the world? Do you take pride in architecting and maintaining with high availability services an online presence used by millions of players? Are you excited to help drive consensus across your team and partner teams towards the best possible outcome for customers? Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to inspirational industry talent, at a company that values diversity and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee, while also maintaining a good work-life balance?
As the Services Engineering Lead you will be leading Bungie’s Services Engineers, and working closely with Site Reliability Engineers, data engineers, and product owners to maintain and iteratively improve Bungie’s online world. You’ll not only know our current services — you’ll help improve them with the goal of creating a better online experience for our players while helping Bungie deliver on our core purpose: to create worlds that inspire friendship.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Manage and mentor Services Engineering Leads and Architects
- Work with the Services Team and Central Technology leadership to define and drive the future for Bungie Game Services
- Represent the needs of Services to other teams and balance and prioritize requests from other teams against the Services roadmap
- Design, build, test, and maintain services and tooling that supports live online games
- Be a key contributor in online architecture reviews
- Lead efforts to diagnose and fix complex issues with a live game
- Be part of an on call rotation
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work well with others to reach common goals—team fit and culture are very important to us
- Experience leading teams developing high-scale, high-performance services
- Experience with high-scale, high-performance services development in C#, C++, Java, or another OO language
- Experience analyzing systems for performance and implementing performance improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional experience with .Net 4.5 or higher
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies
- Experience with message bus and streaming technologies (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix
- Game industry experience
- Experience of building and operating cloud-hosted services
- Familiar with agile software development (e.g. scrum, Kanban, etc.)