Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that values diversity and jealously guards work-life balance?
As a Senior Client Platform Engineer at Bungie, you will help us extend the technology that our games rely on to reach players wherever they are. You will work deep in the engine code that drives the consoles, devices, and operating systems our games run on. You will help us improve the performance and capabilities of these systems using modern hardware and techniques. Most importantly, you will work with an experienced and energetic team to power some of the best games in the world.
This position is available for full-time remote work in WA & CA.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Navigate our software architecture to build, extend and repair systems as necessary
- Collaborate daily with your team to craft robust, performant and maintainable code
- Help translate team goals into actionable plans
- Directly manage 1-2 engineers, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development guidance
- Professional experience as a software engineer working in C/C++
- Experience working on a team and excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with modern console architectures and multi-platform systems
- Experience leading (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping
- Knowledge of C#