As the Senior Global Business Manager, you will help support our franchise growth, incubation planning, and strategic platform partnerships.
This role provides our publishing, development, and incubation teams with accurate industry benchmarks, best-in-class business practices, and strategic platform insights to ensure the future success of Bungie. Using data, consumer insights, and creative solutions, you would be a key stakeholder for our commercial performance, ensuring our business strategy reflects our players' passion for their hobby.
You will lead the Sales Planning and Account Management teams to inform internal stakeholders on business performance, and tactically execute go-to-market plans while aligning external partners to support our commercial initiatives.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Partner with development, publishing, and platform partners to devise and orchestrate effective business strategy and tactics across the world based on empirical data, insightful analysis, competition benchmarks, thoughtful execution, and powerful, innovative ideas
- As a key stakeholder of Bungie’s publishing team, you will communicate and collaborate with our games creators to help us successfully develop long-term franchise plans
- Lead the Global Account Management team to build trust and success with our external business partners and internal key stakeholders
- Lead the Sales Planning and Analysis team to identify new market trends to drive innovative business models for Bungie products
- Work with business development, account management, and marketing teams to create comprehensive partnerships with external platforms, services, and new media channels
- Lead regular meetings with commercial stakeholders in Finance/Accounting, Product Management, Analytics, and Development to review and assess business performance
- Work with our Consumer Products teams to expand Bungie ecommerce and international sales and rewards strategy
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to create product solutions that amplify key events and launches while informing in-game commercial strategy
- Partner with the Bungie International team on developing new business strategies to help broaden the reach of our worlds that inspire life-long friendships
- Experience in development incubation processes, franchise strategy, and tactics in which you have seen great ideas succeed and fail in execution, and learned from those experiences
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, business analysis, and data-informed decision making capabilities
- Be proficient with business intelligence tools to run sales reports and analysis, working closely with analytics and services through an always learning mindset
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deep familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities
- Awareness and familiarity of Bungie’s history and culture
- Experience working with live operations, games as a service, MMO web/social/mobile experiences, and customer-centric software and services
- Experience in a start-up environment or working with an independent entertainment studio is a significant plus (building the team while also providing front-line support where necessary)
- Deep understanding of software and game development processes, experience with agile and small team models
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience