We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate leader to join us and lead the Bungie SDET, Test, and Production Engineering (STP) organizations.
The Head of STP has two primary responsibilities:
1) Participate in the creation and operationalization of Bungie's technical vision and strategy through STP
2) Drive craft and management excellence through the STP disciplines. The Head of STP is accountable to the CTO and is part of the Office of the CTO (OCTO).
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Culture and values
- Promote a strong culture of excellence, candor, and accountability
- Embody Bungie’s core values and inspire them in others
Organizational craft and management excellence
- Develop STP pillars and values and drive their adoption
- Oversee STP training programs
- Proactively align business unit resourcing needs with internal talent, rolling needs into staffing strategies and succession planning
- Ensure proper team design that supports project execution goals as well as good management and leadership
- Recruit, hire, and support BU STP Directors and STP leadership
- Partner with HR to establish level and compensation strategies and targets
- Directly manage the STP Directors from each BU, as well as technology leaders in any shared technology services
- Co-construct performance goals, objectives and development plans
- Partner with HR and other Development Leads to run goal setting and review processes for STP
Office of the CTO
- Contribute to the creation of Bungie's technology values, vision, and strategy
- Participate in executing the duties of the OCTO
- Partner with Development Leads to ensure internal/external teams are fully staffed and supported
- Assist BU SDET, Test, and PE Leaders with development issues, org design, and team health.
- Able to effectively manage personnel and develop a large scale (100+) high performing organization
- Successfully lead and managing SDET, Test, and PE Directors on AAA games
- Excellent leadership and effective communication skills