The Bungie user acquisition team is searching for a Senior User Acquisition manager to help lay the groundwork for our ‘free-to-play’ user acquisition (UA) initiative. As a seasoned UA professional, you excel in building and executing innovative acquisition campaigns. Tough challenges are opportunities to create a competitive advantage, as you relentlessly experiment and challenge assumptions to push media buying boundaries and possibilities.
Gone are the days of single platform acquisition and measurement. In this role, you will partner closely with the analytics and creative teams; pioneering new ways to buy and track multiplatform (game consoles, PC) performance - ensuring the right audiences are met with a compelling value proposition. Your work will be critical to shaping Bungie’s ‘free-to-play’ acquisition strategy and platform for years to come.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Supports and executes user acquisition strategy alongside marketing vendors and internal teams
- Optimizes, and effectively manages ‘free-to-play' campaigns, defining new tactics in a growing field
- Manages relationships with top marketing channels, influencing partner roadmaps towards improved acquisition performance.
- Maintains a high level, up-to-date understanding of ad platform best practices
- Proactively uncovers opportunities for revenue growth, identifying and collaborating with relevant team members driving project to completion
- Defines key performance indicators for marketing campaigns and channels, partnering closely with Analytics and leadership teams
- Vigorously tests new sources of traffic, products, creative concepts, and targeting ideas under a measured framework
- Innovates user acquisition through campaign experimentation, building upon established practices in unconventional ways
- Performs detailed analysis evaluating marketing campaign performance
- Ensures that area and project leadership are aligned on acquisition strategy during global campaign launches
- Educates and mentors other people within the Media Buying organization
- Proven experience running performance oriented, UA campaigns - ideally with a ‘free-to-play product’
- Hands on campaign management experience with Facebook and Google ad platforms; Experience working with programmatic DSP also a plus (managed or self-serve)
- A track record of successfully managing a seven-figure monthly UA budget above target KPI
- Knowledge of tracking or attribution providers, and how to leverage these platforms to improve campaign performance and insights
- Creative problem-solving acumen with the analytical rigor to confirm or invalidate assumptions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams
- Ability to work autonomously and handle ambiguity with quickly evolving goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, SQL proficiency is a plus
- Enthusiasm about video games!