Are you excited by technology but more passionate about working with awesome people? Do you take pride in your coaching and mentoring skills? Is hearing a person you manage say, "this week is going awesome, I'm really happy" music to your ears?
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Bungie, you will learn, strengthen, and extend the organizational infrastructure of our engineering team. You will recruit, teach, coach, and mentor with the singular focus of building the most happy, engaged, and ever-learning engineering organization in the industry.
While we value and desire a technical background, this role is primarily focused on people management and organizational health.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Directly manage 4-5 engineering managers or ICs, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development advice
- Support engineering managers and Bungie Recruiting in identifying, sourcing, interviewing, and hiring external talent
- Refine, communicate, and administer standards and processes for evaluating engineer performance
- Scour the industry for best practices in craft, culture, and management, developing and leading strategies to mentor and grow our talent
- Identify problems in the engineering team's organization, allocations, processes, practices, and communication, developing and implementing solutions
- Experience managing and/or leading an engineering organization of 5+ people
- Demonstrated professional experience in C++
- Strong emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Professional experience in game development