Do you love the challenge of designing great gameplay? Are you excited to do the hard work of creating understanding across a large team to what you are trying to achieve, and take them along for the journey through development? Are you a game designer looking to work on AAA games with talented and passionate people in a team environment? If so we have the job for you! Bungie is looking for a passionate, creative and hard-working Gameplay Designer for Destiny.
As a Gameplay Designer, you will work closely with the entire Design Team designing, crafting, and implementing a robust sandbox of gameplay systems and content. You will collaborate with team members from other disciplines to drive a holistic gameplay experience. You will contribute to the design processes to ensure your work is the very best it can possibly be.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Creatively drive compelling second-to-second gameplay experiences
- Collaboratively design, implement and balance top notch gameplay systems, such as weapons, abilities, and armor
- Make the gameplay experience accessible to as many people as possible
- Work with audio, effects and animation artists to make in-game cause and effect clear to players
- Drive to develop well understood goals that match the creative direction of the game
- Intuitive understanding of how second-to-second action games work and why people play them
- Good understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process
- Experience with many modes of online play
- Passion for collaboration with designers, artists, programmers, musicians, testers and producers to achieve a common goal
- Dedication to contributing to a positive work environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills