We’re seeking a driven artist to help expand the Destiny universe through spectacular visual effects!
The ideal candidate brings a passion to learn advanced technical and artistic skills. The candidate understands how to work with a team and will be expected to learn the challenges of modern AAA game development to produce stunning in-game visual effects that support gameplay, cinematics, and environments.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Work closely with the VFX Lead to author effect assets that enhance gameplay and storytelling
- Use proprietary tools, Photoshop and 3D Studio Max to create effects that balance the visual goals of the project with the performance demands of the game engine
- Help develop Destiny’s visual language through the craft of visual effects
- Build productive working relationships with your team
- Understands the principles of real time visual effects
- Experience with node based shaders
- Understanding of Art and Visual Design fundamentals (color theory, etc.)
- Familiarity in Photoshop and 3D packages
- Ability and willingness to follow direction, collaborate productively with others, and work to meet deadlines as necessary
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates artistic and technical skills, as well as a firm grasp of timing and scale
- A dedicated interest for games
- Be able to break down a visual effect into component content-types (particle FX, shader FX, mesh FX, post-process, animation, decal, lighting, etc.) and choose the right tools for the job
- Programming or scripting experience in any language (C++ / Python / HLSL)
- Animation background
- Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, Maya fluids tools, or Substance Designer