Bungie is looking for a Technical Animator to help us bring in-game character performance to the next level. Are you excited about the possibilities that exist in layering and blending a multitude of animations in a real-time environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of finding new ways to use animation to create exciting gameplay? We need someone to approach this task with as much attention to the creative art of animation as they apply to the technical task of making it happen.
As a Technical Animator you will be involved in all aspects of the animation production from the initial concept of character movement to the creation of final animation. You will collaborate with other art disciplines and search for technical solutions to bring movement to in-game characters. You will participate in the effort to concept and finalize spectacular hand-keyed in-game and cinematic animation for a variety of characters, both human and creature. You will be a key driver of innovating our tools and workflows. You will support the animation team’s goals of efficient and aesthetic completion of tasks as well as participating in critique towards animation and the overall creative process.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Create prototype and production animation content
- Collaborate with Design and Engineering in the development of in-game animation systems
- Work with the animation lead on tool, system, and gameplay prototypes
- Collaborate with the tech art team to develop tools that support the animation pipeline
- Troubleshoot and consistently present solutions to technical issues related to animation
- Roll out production ready rigs/tools/ systems to the animation team
- Provide deskside support for the animation team - helping to resolve technical issues
- Thorough knowledge of Maya and other animation software
- Understanding of animation principals which can be clearly displayed in your demo reel
- Good communication skills
- The desire to create great games
- Experience working as an animator on shipped titles
- Strong MEL skills and knowledge of Maya character rigging
- An understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Understanding of Motion Capture techniques