Bungie is seeking a Principal Producer to lead multiple areas of the Incubation development team.
The Principal Producer is ultimately responsible for organizational health and effectiveness as well as product quality for their teams. They are responsible for aligning with the Executive Producer and the Incubation Leadership Team on strategic plans/product roadmap and guiding their teams to deliver against that roadmap at high quality in a sustainable way. The Principal Producer is also responsible for mentoring other Producers on the development team, establishing best practices and learning for Production, and handling management and career growth of other members of the team.
The Principal Producer is accountable to the Incubation Executive Producer.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Deliver Incubation releases that reflect our committed project goals with a team that is willing and able to repeat its success while adhering to established budgets
- Partner with art, test, and other discipline leadership to establish outsourcing pipelines. The Principal Producer will be responsible for partnering with external studios and communicating goals of the project, overseeing deliverables, and ensuring that our external studios are meeting the obligations of our contract
- Lead and mentor members of your areas’ leadership teams. Ensure the leadership teams are working together effectively to achieve the group's goals
- Evaluate needs across all disciplines and make final decisions on staffing priorities and asks. Partner with other Producers on headcount needs
- Manage the budget for your teams and outsourced groups
- Foster an understanding of Incubation goals and vision across your teams
- Serve as the ultimate escalation point for decision making within your areas; Keep open lines of communication with other Producers and the GLT
- Work with the Incubation leadership team to help create and deliver on the roadmap of future Destiny releases
- Manage and direct Producers within the team; Collaborate with them to define near-term goals; Mentor them regarding project or people challenges; Support them in achieving career objectives
- Help shape and commit to the evolution of production practices at Bungie
- Experience of internal game development experience in a project leadership role (or comparable leadership role for a 50+ person team)
- Exemplary communication skills, outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Demonstrable Product acumen to guide subjective product decision making
- Champion for agile ways of working and a proven track record of applying agile concepts and practices
- Commitment to the principles of servant leadership
- Strong desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service") preferred
- Previous experience with outsourcing
- Familiarity with art and test pipelines