At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines.
As a Test Engineer, you will work with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development in order to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment, as well as highlight potential healthy paths forward. You will craft an in-depth understanding of our engine, tools, features, and production pipeline to create effective test strategies and mitigation plans that will improve the value delivered to our players and keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Execute and iterate on team's established test plans to test owned features of the game
- Work with an Agile small team and cross-discipline peers to understand test plans, and generate specs and passes as directed
- Understand your team's workflow and features and use that knowledge to help integrate test practices/concerns into every stage of feature development as early as possible
- Track critical data points from feature development and successfully communicate that data to stakeholders
- Identify team and feature risks; catalog and escalate concerns as needed and craft mitigation strategies tailored to each risk
- Excellent test fundamentals, knowledge, and experience
- Ability to enhance workflow via scripting/tooling and process improvements
- Ability to use your knowledge of test methodologies to design efficient testing coverage
- Ability to work with other Test Engineers and Leads in an agile, technical, cross-discipline team
- Inclusive, positive communication and collaboration with Art, Design, Engineering, Production and Test counterparts
- Ability to leverage understanding of game systems and content to uncover issues during each stage of development
- Desire to improve and grow yourself and continually optimize your test approach
- Experience working within Agile environments
- Experience with Destiny 2 or other Action/MMO-style games
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, or related fields