Do you dream about creating worlds imbued with real value and consequence? Can you imagine reward chases that excite and delight players without feeling like chores? Can you devise a way for a player to grow while preserving the delicate balance of an action game? If you answered yes to these questions, Bungie wants you on our team as our newest Systems Designer.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Work with a small team to create a wide variety of pursuit and reward based systems
- Perform advanced scripting and tool work
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines to create sustainable systems that excite and engage players
- Design creative additions and improvements for existing systems
- Tune gameplay values to create compelling moments and a satisfying progression curve
- Game industry design experience
- Experience working with game development software and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work as part of a large team and ability to take feedback and direction appropriately
- Technical experience writing text-based scripts to manage game systems (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language)
- Multiple shipped game systems within the console space
- Experience working on games as a service/live content