Bungie is looking for a Design Lead to support international partners working with the Destiny IP. Focus is on experience in combatants, sandbox, encounter and/or destination design. This role is part of a creative support team working to create style guide documentation, give feedback on specifications and playable builds, and guide partners in creating content in the style of the IP. The Design Lead maintains the quality and consistency of the Destiny IP gameplay.
The Design Lead works closely with the Creative Lead and is a part of a cross-functional leadership team that is responsible for delivering timely feedback to our partners.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Maintain Destiny IP quality and consistency while working with an external partner
- Work closely with the Creative Director and the Leadership Team to set guidelines for implementation of the Destiny IP
- Review progress at key milestones and assess whether the project is meeting goals
- Drive creation of a Style Guide alongside development of the content.
- Work with Destiny design experts to collect design pillars and specifics, and share with our partner
- Identify and escalate any IP conflicts to the Creative Lead
- Prior experience as a design lead.
- Thorough understanding of Destiny design principles
- Providing expert input and feedback in combatants, sandbox, or encounter design
- Social intelligence, great interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams
- Ability to handle ambiguity, including effectively leading a team in spite of that ambiguity
- Self-motivated and proactive about both teaching and learning design processes
- Willingness to travel and host visits from the partner team on a regular cadence (likely every 2-3 months)
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with partner team (typically 5-7pm)
- Experience working with external partners preferred
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service") preferred
- Chinese (Mandarin) language skills are a plus