Bungie is looking for an experienced candidate to be our Release Test Manager.
As Release Test Manager, you are part a “Release Marshal” team that is responsible for coordinating the development of our large annual Destiny releases, from greenlight through successful launch. This Release Marshal team is responsible for project coordination work (project schedules, milestones, and risks among other things) that span across our Destiny Development Groups. The Release Test Manager is solely responsible for aligning with our Development Group Test Leads to establish test deliverables and manage test risks for each annual release.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding for best practices within Test at each stage of product development and has experience closing and shipping large AAA games.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Drives Greenlight process for the Key Release (building deck, coordinating cross group collaboration, booking meetings, etc.)
- Builds and maintains Master Project Schedule (as it pertains to that release) for all milestones, studio playtests, ZBB + RC dates, etc.
- Ensures Project Definition Document is accurate, correct, and up-to-date
- Develops and works within the persistent Triage process, monitoring the release and ensuring all development groups are triaging and following best practices
- Runs the Technical/Production Risk Log and process for the release
- Coordinates source control branching strategy with Release Team
- Communicates and aligns on all plans with Project Leadership
- Coordinates test team efforts to produce builds of the integrated experience
Coordinates project test milestones, deliverables, and acceptance criteria with development group test leads
- Defines and runs project triage
- Actively communicates and coordinates with development group test leads
- Creates, maintains, and upgrades Release Marshal best practices
- Trains and mentors Release Marshals for smaller releases
- Professional experience within Test in a leadership position
- Experience closing and shipping AAA games
- People management and leadership experience
- Exemplary communication skills, outstanding analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills across multiple disciplines, able to work in an inclusive environment
- Strong desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Openness to and willingness to respond to feedback from any perspective
- Able to change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship
- Demonstrable product acumen to inform subjective product opinions (play the game, be aware of Community sentiment about features in the game, etc.)
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service")