Do you regularly put sample programs through the Turing Test? Are your friends unnerved by your ability to reverse-engineer their thought processes and improve them? Does the urge possess you to seize the fabric of software and from it wrest life in all its infinite variation? Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that values diversity and zealously guards work-life balance?
As an AI/Animation engineer, you will help build the future of our AI and animation technology. You will work closely with the design and animation teams to build the future of Destiny combatants. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and energetic team devoted to making Destiny one of the best games in the world.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new experiences
- Provide AI/Animation technical guidance, ranging from short-term problem solving to long-term roadmap planning
- Build and maintain production quality C/C++ code
- Learn, extend, and maintain production workflows and tools
- Prior AI or animation engineering experience
- Good understanding of the state of the art in game characters, including AI, animation, and physics
- Professional experience as a software engineer working in C/C++
- Strong math background (vector geometry, linear algebra, etc.)
- Experience working on a team and excellent communication skills
- Experience developing tools
- Combatant design experience
- Experience working in Agile software development (Scrum, Lean, Less, etc.)