At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines.
As a Test Lead, you will coordinate and execute your area's coverage by collaborating with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development. Your role is to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment and then highlight potential healthy paths forward, weighing the tradeoffs and costs of your options. You will craft an in-depth understanding of our engine, tools, features, and production pipeline to create effective test strategies and mitigation plans that will improve the value delivered to our players and keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
Test Leads are responsible for their holistic areas and must be able to craft and apply a unified approach to their area's features and content, as well as evolve that approach over time. You will lead the conversation with our content creators on how to mitigate risks and deliver the most value to your players by crafting robust future-facing strategies for consistently and sustainably delivering your area's content. Test Lead roles frequently include management and/or leadership of additional Test collaborators to ensure proper coverage for an area's combined work. Bungie’s Test Leads will often be expertise-driven individual contributors in their areas and lead from the front of the battle as they dive into area coverage and test pass execution.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Works with team to build and execute a sustainable project test plan that takes into account the team's test staffing, quality goals, and time constraints
- Executes test work as a highly-advanced individual contributor, with a focus on sustainable methodologies
- Builds and executes test maintenance strategies for owned content once it is shipped
- Plans and implements sustainable test strategies in a games as a service environment
- Drives team investigations into current test workflows and processes, and identifies improvement opportunities and solutions (including but not limited to process, staff, tooling/data, test methodology, prioritization, and scheduling)
- Utilizes project test coverage experience to work with team to build and maintain technical testing solutions that focus on short and long term sustainability and team efficiency gains
- Strong desire to grow yourself and constantly evolve your approach and processes
- Experience operating on a multi-discipline team in a live service environment
- Leadership experience in a QA role within the games industry
- Excellent and efficient execution of test passes and in-depth feature investigations
- Experience working with tools/scripting (languages including but not limited to C#)
- Ability to translate goals into shipping solutions, with a focus on cost effective alternatives and their trade-offs
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external-to-team stakeholders, and to convey complex concepts in a digestible manner(including documentation creation and curation)
- Ability to abstract and apply test concepts of risk, cost/value trade-offs, prioritization, and value-driven processes
- Familiarity with Destiny and/or Destiny 2 or other Action/MMO games
- Desire to grow into a management position that focuses on growth opportunities for reports
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, related fields, or equivalent experience