The CPO is responsible for the growth, sales, and marketing strategy for Bungie and Bungie’s portfolio. As a member of the Bungie Leadership Team (BLT), the CPO collaborates to set the overall vision and strategy for Bungie to increase our audience and the overall revenue for the company.
The CPO provides strategic leadership through management of the disciplines of publishing that are embedded in franchise teams and within Bungie’s central publishing services. The role oversees the staff for Customer Acquisition, Marketing, Customer Relationship, Product Management, Analytics, and Business Performance Management.
The CPO is accountable to the CEO and is a member of the Bungie executive team, and the business operations and strategy groups.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Develop and maintain Bungie's publishing vision and strategy in collaboration with the Bungie Leadership Team, game franchise leaders, and publishing leaders
- Drive organizational strategy and design for publishing, such as the split between game franchise teams and shared publishing services
- Manage publishing leaders within each game franchise and across shared publishing teams
- Working with the CEO’s executive team, collaborate to establish Bungie’s vision and strategy, and ensure that all publishing senior leaders are building long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies in alignment
- Recruit, mentor, manage, and foster the continuous career development of best in class, cross-discipline publishing talent
- Work with the BLT and Franchise GMs to set, manage, and ensure the measurement of franchise KPIs using data and insights to validate
- Ensure the delivery of market research, business intelligence, consumer insights, and reporting required to guide executive-level decision-making
- Help lead Bungie's transition to a globally focused multi-Franchise entertainment company
Work alongside the CFO and Franchise GMs on organizational planning and budgeting to create and manage the annual operating plan
- Develop the marketing side of our portfolio strategy, in collaboration with the CCO
- Identify, prioritize, and properly resource key initiatives aimed at increasing customer loyalty, satisfaction, and business revenue
- Identify and anticipate market trends and technological innovations to provide strategic direction for portfolio-wide acquisition, sales, and monetization strategy
- A successful track record of executive leadership within a highly capable, cross-discipline publishing team at scale
- Experience developing and leading highly functional teams with ambitious goals and large online customer communities
- Able to demonstrate success in roles with global scope, selling to customers across multiple geographies
- Ability to showcase the financial and analytical literacy required to clearly articulate hypotheses that lead teams to winning strategies