Founded in 2004, Bullis Charter School offers a collaborative, experiential learning environment that emphasizes individual student growth. As a model of educational innovation, BCS inspires children, faculty and staff to reach beyond themselves to achieve full potential. Using a global perspective to teach about the interconnectedness of communities and their environments, the BCS program nurtures mutual respect, civic responsibility and a lifelong love of learning.
We believe that …
- Risk-taking promotes growth
- Individuals of positive character are essential for a thriving community.
- People and communities need to change, evolve, and grow in order to thrive.
- Learning has no boundaries.
- Each person has a unique capability, style, and desire for learning.
- Family and community influences significantly shape human development.
- The human spirit is nurtured by positive energy, happiness, and laughter.
- A community is created, sustained, and evolves through the choices its participants make.
- People challenge their personal and physical boundaries best in a supportive environment.
- Freedom fosters innovation.
- Ownership of decisions fosters commitment.
- Equal opportunity is necessary for all members of the community to reach their full potential.
Our commitment to our students and families…
- Every student will be actively responsible for his or her learning and individual goals.
- Every student will achieve academic success.
- Every student will continue to discover and pursue individual talents and interests.
- All students will model the six character pillars.
- All students will become self-confident contributors to the global society and demonstrate understanding of the interconnectedness of people and their environment.
The special education paraprofessional will work closely with student(s) with special needs students on a regular basis in order to provide them with the physical help and emotional support they need to gain the full benefits from their educational placement under the direction of the supervising teacher(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assistance to a classroom teacher;
- Perform a variety of tasks relating to the physical and instructional needs of students in a classroom setting;
- Assists in the implementation of instructional programs, including self-help and behavior management as well as instruction;
- The special education paraprofessional performs related duties as required or assigned such as monitoring student behavior during non-classroom time; and providing information to appropriate school personnel
- Implements behavioral plans designed by the IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and reinforcing learning concepts under the supervision of an assigned teacher and BCBA.
How to Apply
Please complete the following application. You will need to submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses experience with students, special interests and talents, most significant event in your teaching career, your long-term goals, your qualifications and how you meet the school's mission statement.
In addition, you will need three letters of recommendation (one from an immediate supervisor, dated within the last 12 months) and copies of relevant credential(s) and transcript(s).
Bullis Charter School offers a collaborative, experiential learning environment that emphasizes individual student growth. As a model of educational innovation, BCS inspires children, faculty, and staff to reach beyond themselves to achieve full potential. Using a global perspective to teach about the interconnectedness of communities and their environments, the BCS program nurtures mutual respect, civic responsibility and a lifelong love of learning.
Qualified applicants who pass the application review will be screened, and finalists will conduct interviews with our team.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
Bullis Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, place of national origin, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or physical handicap in its employment practice.