Founded in 2004, Bullis Charter School offers a collaborative, experiential learning environment that emphasizes individual student growth. As a model of educational innovation, BCS inspires children, faculty and staff to reach beyond themselves to achieve full potential. Using a global perspective to teach about the interconnectedness of communities and their environments, the BCS program nurtures mutual respect, civic responsibility and a lifelong love of learning.
We believe that …
- Risk-taking promotes growth
- Individuals of positive character are essential for a thriving community.
- People and communities need to change, evolve, and grow in order to thrive.
- Learning has no boundaries.
- Each person has a unique capability, style, and desire for learning.
- Family and community influences significantly shape human development.
- The human spirit is nurtured by positive energy, happiness, and laughter.
- A community is created, sustained, and evolves through the choices its participants make.
- People challenge their personal and physical boundaries best in a supportive environment.
- Freedom fosters innovation.
- Ownership of decisions fosters commitment.
- Equal opportunity is necessary for all members of the community to reach their full potential.
Our commitment to our students and families…
- Every student will be actively responsible for his or her learning and individual goals.
- Every student will achieve academic success.
- Every student will continue to discover and pursue individual talents and interests.
- All students will model the six character pillars.
- All students will become self-confident contributors to the global society and demonstrate understanding of the interconnectedness of people and their environment.
Job Description: the role of the BCS Educator
How to Apply
Please complete the following application. You will need to submit a resume, a cover letter that addresses why you want to teach at Bullis Charter School and your educational philosophy, three letters of recommendation (one from an immediate supervisor), and copies of relevant credential(s) and transcript(s).
Qualified applicants who pass the application review will be screened, and finalists will conduct interviews with our team.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
Bullis Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, place of national origin, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or physical handicap in its employment practice.