Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in six major tech markets. We are our target market. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the next best recruitment platform for companies like us.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate six communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, and are headquartered in Chicago.
As a Customer Success Specialist you will work internally with the account management and product
team to help support customer retention, growth and happiness. You will be responsible for critical internal projects to effectively onboard and service our customers. In this role you will help build, implement, and refine the customer success and support process. In short, the entire role is to deliver a happy, satisfied, referring customer. You must be comfortable working at a fast pace and treat the “job” as your own business, and thrive on learning daily.
Other highlights of the role include:
● Work with Account Management and Product teams to ensure seamless integration, onboarding and support for all customers.
● Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions, content and the most relevant features/functionality for each customer’s specific business needs.
● Resolve customer support issues quickly using resources from across the company.
● Drive successful implementation of Built In on customer environment keeping in mind the best industry practices.
Monitoring and Implementation
● Monitor customer usage throughout the customer lifecycle to not only identify and prioritize at-risk
accounts but also run standardized plays to mitigate churn.
● Lead efforts in building processes, and procedures that are repeatable.
● Ensure optimal ROI post implementation.
● Deliver updates, metrics, and advice on a regular basis.
● Support the resolution of delivery, implementation or technical issues.
● Contribute ideas to overall company strategy and product roadmap.
● Work closely with Account Management (AM) team to ensure effective and efficient onboarding of new customers and drive greater usage/adoption over time.
● Partner with Account Management (AM) team to develop information and data-driven touchpoints for customers to continuously demonstrate value.
● Serve as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback to Product, Content and other teams on how Built In can better serve our customers.
● Interface and collaborate with Product, Sales, Marketing and Executive Leadership to achieve client goals.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree
● 1+ years’ experience in Customer Support or related field, such as Client Onboarding, Client Engagement, or Customer Service.
● Past startup experience or strong desire to be at a startup and a part of a growing organization and the challenges that come with it.
● Empathy for customers, and a passion for helping them.
● Successful track record of designing, implementing and validating processes and policies.
● Team player with a strong sense of ownership and get things done attitude.
● Strong project-management skills, including great attention to detail.
● Diplomacy and grace under pressure.
● Understand success analytics and are comfortable sharing your success metrics and being held
What We Value
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication - You should have the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. Your ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization and survey for needs without relying on PowerPoint decks is paramount. You should also be able to correctly read people, political and business situations and develop, adjust and execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services; and (3) Helping others. This is what we do.
- Willingness to work around the clock, or sort of – The job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which isn’t too hard, we think!) as well as all the members vital to the community in which you are building. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k), stock options and benefits.
- We pay a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress and flexible work hours. Come in your sweatshirt, jeans, college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food. We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have cold brew coffee on tap and provide catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment. We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hardworking, honest and fun. And we regularly debate office pets.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal or short-term sickness, as your good judgment and workload allow.