Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in six major tech markets. We are our target market. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the next best recruitment platform for companies like us.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate six communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, and are headquartered in Chicago.
Built In is looking for a Recruiter, based in our Chicago office, who will proactively identify and attract top talent. The Recruiter works closely with hiring managers to develop creative strategies to find the best talent across the US. Built In prides itself in candidates having an amazing experience with the company starting with the first contact they have, which is typically the Recruiter. We are seeking a Recruiter who can bring professionalism, fun and the best talent available to our company.
Other highlights of the role include:
- Work closely with hiring managers to deeply understand technical requirements of the open positions, the functions and how it fits into the overall company.
- Manage the implementation, maintenance, and compliance of all processes and policies related to recruiting, deliver effective recruiting strategies and best practices to attract, recruit, select and quality candidates.
- Develop varied ways from a diverse candidate mix to create talent pipelines, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns.
- Identify and engage passive candidates through the use of our own websites, LinkedIn, Indeed and other contemporary search techniques.
- Create job postings, screen resumes, schedule interviews, interview candidates to determine fit, develop and negotiate offers.
- Routinely track pipeline activity and report status with hiring managers.
- Recommend and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for data integrity and reporting in the Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse).
- Participate in or lead special projects.
- Ensure compliance with EEO guidelines.
- Embody Built In’s culture.
An equivalent combination of:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of hands on recruitment experience.
- 3-5 years of proven progressive recruiting experience encompassing a variety of leadership, professional, technical, and creative positions.
- Thorough knowledge of the recruiting life cycle.
- Ability to source, review resumes and to conduct screening interviews.
- Sourcing skills with ability to establish candidate interest in Built In.
- Industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant tech skills, target and competitor companies, conferences, and social media communities.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and recruit for multiple positions to meet deadlines.
- Responsive and proactive in searching out opportunities and solutions to problems and acting on them.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities.
- Works well independently, yet is cooperative in working with team members.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
What We Value
- A+ player - We're looking for a dynamic, high performing account executive with a strong track record of achievement. The ideal candidate has a history of starting something and selling it, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building and growing a pipeline of business as a result of outbound prospecting and high activity metrics. You should be able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust.
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication - You should have the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. Your ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization and survey for needs without relying on PowerPoint decks is paramount. You should also be able to correctly read people, political and business situations and develop, adjust and execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services; and (3) Helping others. This is what we do.
- Willingness to work around the clock, or sort of – The job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which isn’t too hard, we think!) as well as all the members vital to the community in which you are building. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k), stock options and benefits.
- We pay a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress and flexible work hours. Come in your sweatshirt, jeans, college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food. We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have cold brew coffee on tap and provide catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment. We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hardworking, honest and fun. And we regularly debate office pets.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal or short-term sickness, as your good judgment and workload allow.