Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in six major tech markets. We are our target market. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the next best recruitment platform for companies like us.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate six sites: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, and are headquartered in Chicago.
Built In is a pretty complex platform, so you'll be working on some really interesting and challenging problems. We're at the tail end of migrating our platform to D8 (check out builtinboston.com to see what we've accomplished), so you'll get to do things that no one else is doing with Drupal. Sound interesting? Read on :)
- You should have 5+ years of programming experience in PHP
- You should have 1+ year of experience with Drupal
- You must have experience with Drupal custom module development (the majority of the work you do will be custom work, this is definitely not a good fit for someone who is mostly a site builder)
- You should be comfortable integrating other web applications and systems, both commercial and open source.
- You should also have experience working with source control systems (such as Git, SVN, etc)
- Symfony experience is great but not required
- Being involved in and a contributor to the Drupal community isn't bad either.
What We Value
- Flexible personality –You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication- You should have the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. A bias towards action, seeking constructive feedback from customers, peers, and your team, and measurement and iteration is part of your natural process.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services; and (3) Helping others. This is what we do.
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which isn’t too hard, we think!) as well as all the members vital to the community in which you are building. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k) stock options and benefits. We pay a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress and flexible work hours. Come in your sweatshirt, jeans, college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food. We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have cold brew coffee on tap and provide catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment. We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest and fun. And we regularly debate office pets.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal or short-term sickness, as your good judgment and work load allow.
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.