Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in six major tech markets. We are our target market. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the next best recruitment platform for companies like us.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate six sites: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, and are headquartered in Chicago.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Events Manager who is excited by the challenge of delivering innovative programs across our 6 markets. As a member of the events team, you will partner with our sales and marketing teams and other key stakeholders (Product, Design, Operations) to develop results-oriented customer acquisition and retention focused events as well as larger community events.
You will be responsible for program and budget management, logistics oversight, meeting facilitation and internal communication, vendor management, analysis and reporting of program initiatives. You should be comfortable working in a dynamic growth stage company and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to do what it takes to get the job done.
While there is no such thing as a typical day, you can expect to help us in the coordination of Built In events. Examples of things you might do include:
- Event planning and execution
- Develop and execute events from budget and timeline preparation to day-of execution
- Negotiate venue and vendor agreements
- Coordinate day-of execution including staff, volunteers and vendors
- Create and publicize events to drive high levels of attendance and participation
- Promote all events via online and social media channels.
- Execute a wide scope of corporate strategic event marketing programs to meet targets for sales and corporate goals
- Work with existing sponsors to ensure they are receiving the maximum ROI
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams on new ideas to generate additional revenue for various events
- You should have 3-5+ years of successful event management experience planning customer centric events, preferably in a B2B, high-tech, fast-paced environment
- You should have experience working with event management software such as Eventbrite, Meetup pages, etc.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our vendors and customers should come second nature
- You must be data driven and results oriented with a strong base knowledge of audience acquisition for the startup tech community
- You are collaborative, proactive, creative, entrepreneurial, have a healthy appetite for feedback and thrive in high-pressure situations
What We Value
- Flexible personality –You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication- You should have the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. Your ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization and survey for needs without relying on PowerPoint decks is paramount. You should also be able to correctly read people, political and business situations and develop, adjust and execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services; and (3) Helping others. This is what we do.
- Willingness to work around the clock, or sort of – The job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which isn’t too hard, we think!) as well as all the members vital to the community in which you are building. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k) stock options and benefits. We pay a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress and flexible work hours. Come in your sweatshirt, jeans, college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food. We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have cold brew coffee on tap and provide catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment. We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest and fun. And we regularly debate office pets.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal or short-term sickness, as your good judgment and work load allow.
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.