Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in six major tech markets. We are our target market. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate six sites: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, and are headquartered in Chicago.
We are now in five markets with aggressive growth plans and need to grow our account executive team. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for selling affordable and unique talent solutions to high growth technology company recruiters. While prior experience in selling to recruiters is not required (we can teach you that) - what is required is someone who is driven to surpass goals while delivering a great experience to prospects, clients and coworkers. We need someone who knows what it takes to build something from the ground up, who treats the “job” as his or her own business, and who thrives on learning daily. If you asked us to sum up the role in three points, we'd say:
- Sales and Client Base - Your goal is to prospect, build, grow and manage a pipeline of accounts. Work closely with the entire team to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Build Relationships - Create new customers by cultivating new relationships and regularly setting up demos of the product. Engage and respond to existing accounts (both scheduled check-ins and also customer service inquiries)—go above and beyond to service customers. Some travel will be required.
- Market Research - Acquire ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal resources.
- You should have a minimum 2-4 years sales experience
- You should have a proven ability to establish relationships through cold outreach
- You should have experience in creating and building relationships through in-person interactions
- You should have a proven track record to close deals through in-person meetings and over the phone
- HR/recruiting and/or event sales experience preferred, but not required
What We Value
- A+ player - We're looking for a dynamic, high performing account executive with a strong track record of achievement. The ideal candidate has a history of starting something and selling it, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building and growing a pipeline of business as a result of outbound prospecting and high activity metrics. You should be able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust.
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication - You should have the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. Your ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization and survey for needs without relying on PowerPoint decks is paramount. You should also be able to correctly read people, political and business situations and develop, adjust and execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services; and (3) Helping others. This is what we do.
- Willingness to work around the clock, or sort of – The job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which isn’t too hard, we think!) as well as all the members vital to the community in which you are building. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k) stock options and benefits. We pay a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress and flexible work hours. Come in your sweatshirt, jeans, college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food. We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have unlimited LaCroix, cold brew coffee on tap and catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment. We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest and fun. And we regularly debate office pets.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal or short-term sickness, as your good judgment and work load allow.
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.