At Built In, the health, safety and well-being of our employees and of our communities is a top priority. Due to the effects of COVID-19, we have decided to manage our entire business remotely until further notice. HQ-based employees will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our office. As we continue to grow, we are excited to be hiring for all open roles and look forward to meeting with qualified candidates in a virtual setting. For anyone who joins our team (yay!), your onboarding experience will also be conducted virtually. Thank you for your interest in Built In and be safe!
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative
We have aggressive growth plans and need a self-motivated and highly driven Sales superstar to join our team as a Sales Development Representative , located in our downtown Chicago office. In this role, you need to be comfortable navigating external resources to identify large, target customers, qualify for a potential fit with our Built In Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions and open up new opportunities to expand business.
The goal is to cultivate relationships with prospective customers, develop qualified leads and build pipeline for the Account Executives. You will get the experience to work with our most senior account executives and learn sales methodology from our most veteran sales leaders. This role provides the opportunity to grow within the organization.
How you’ll contribute
- You will be responsible for all initial outbound prospecting to our potential customers.
- Leverage outbound lead channels such as cold calling, email and social media to qualify and set sales meetings for account executives
- Prospect and identify new potential enterprise clients for account executives
- Manage account executive pipeline to convert qualified calls into demo meetings
- Learn and become an expert on Built In product offerings
- Seek continued education through Sales Assembly, where you will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities, and connect with other sales professionals in the B2B sales sector in Chicago
What you need
- You should have 1-2 years of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation, or Sales
- You should have proven ability to cold call, cold email and set appointment
- You should be comfortable using Salesforce.com and LinkedIn to maintain a pipeline of prospects.
- You are good at staying organized and diligent with follow through
- You love the thrill of the hunt and never quit or take no for an answer
- Recruitment industry experience a plus but not required
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.