At Built In, the health, safety and well-being of our employees and of our communities is a top priority. Due to the effects of COVID-19, we have decided to manage our entire business remotely until further notice. HQ-based employees will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our office. As we continue to grow, we are excited to be hiring for all open roles and look forward to meeting with qualified candidates in a virtual setting. For anyone who joins our team (yay!), your onboarding experience will also be conducted virtually. Thank you for your interest in Built In and be safe!
Hello, We’re Built In
What We’re Up To
We’re building the largest platform for tech professionals globally. Monthly, millions of professionals visit BuiltIn.com from across the world. We’re the only platform they need to stay ahead of tech trends and news, develop their careers and find opportunities at companies they believe in.
Our 1,800 customers include innovative companies of all sizes, from exciting startups to companies in the Fortune 100. To attract our audience of skilled professionals, they trust us to tell the stories of their cultures and share their job opportunities. This helps them hire the industry’s most sought-after professionals locally, nationally and remotely – ultimately contributing to the industry’s ability to innovate a better future.
What You’ll Be a Part Of
Working at Built In is the chance to help shape a fast-growing company. Whereas we served eight tech hubs at the start of 2021, we entered 72 new markets across the U.S. by year’s end. Global plans are in the works. With venture funding of $30 million to date, we’re expanding not just our geographic footprint but our products and technology.
With the launch of e-learning opportunities for users, we’ve made Built In even more valuable for the professionals who already trust us with their careers. And as we grow into the leading SaaS product for employer branding, we're using the latest technologies to serve customers in new, exciting ways — and you’ll contribute to that.
You’ll also be a part of changing the lives of professionals like you, ambitious people with a passion for tech and love of learning. As a result, you’ll understand the impact of your work in a deeply personal, especially meaningful way.
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative
We have aggressive growth plans and need a self-motivated and highly driven Sales superstar to join our team as a Sales Development Representative , located in our downtown Chicago office. In this role, you need to be comfortable navigating external resources to identify large, target customers, qualify for a potential fit with our Built In Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions and open up new opportunities to expand business.
The goal is to cultivate relationships with prospective customers, develop qualified leads and build pipeline for the Account Executives. You will get the experience to work with our most senior account executives and learn sales methodology from our most veteran sales leaders. This role provides the opportunity to grow within the organization.
How You’ll Contribute
- You will be responsible for all initial outbound prospecting to our potential customers
- Leverage outbound lead channels such as cold calling, email and social media to qualify and set sales meetings for Account Executives
- Prospect and identify new potential enterprise clients for Account Executives
- Manage Account Executive pipeline to convert qualified calls into demo meetings
- Learn and become an expert on Built In product offerings
- Seek continued education through Sales Assembly, where you will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities, and connect with other sales professionals in the B2B sales sector in Chicago
What You Need
- 0-2 years experience in Sales, Sales Development, Lead Generation, or Business Related Internship
- Proven ability to cold call, cold email, and confidently execute creative prospecting techniques
- Comfort using Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, and other pipeline management tools [plus, not required]
- You are organized and diligent with follow through
- You are relentless in pursuit of your goals, and resilient in the face of a challenge or ambiguity
- You are motivated to develop your sales acumen and are passionate about accelerating your career within a Sales Team
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Women United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a woman CEO and founder, and that more than half of our managers and employees identify as women
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM