Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Sales Manager
As a Sales Manager, you will lead a team of Account Executives who are responsible for securing new SMB and Mid-Market accounts. This is an outstanding sales leadership opportunity for an experienced, goal-driven sales team lead or manager who is excited to mentor and develop emerging talent.
How you’ll contribute
- Lead a team of new business sales representatives
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis
- Recruit, train and develop a results oriented sales team with a focus on new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Continually refine and improve sales process
- Conduct regular reviews to evaluate team strategy, progress and provide feedback
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve metrics
- Drive results by engaging motivating and providing constructive feedback to team members
- Ensure that sales quotas/goals are achieved on assigned accounts and regional goals
- Develop and implement strategies that support overall Sales/Company priorities and key initiatives
- Assist direct reports with career development planning
- Build strong ties with various internal teams such as Enterprise Sales, Product management, Customer Service, Marketing, and Finance, to ensure appropriate coordination of activities and timely communication of programs, products and solutions
- Develop training plans for continuous development of team’s sales skills and product knowledge
- Embody company culture and contribute to fostering an environment that excites and inspires the sales team
What you need
- 2-4 years of experience as a team lead or sales manager
- 4+ years of experience selling, preferably to an audience of Talent Acquisition or HR leaders
- Demonstrated sales development and training skills
- Solid oral and written presentation skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and other sales automation software
What We Value
We are revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.