Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Controller
We’re looking for a driven, detail-oriented Controller to join our team! Duties will include the day to day management of the accounting team, monthly close process, accounts payable and vendor payments, invoicing, customer billings, accounts receivable, cash management, payroll and preparation of consolidated financial statements.
How you’ll contribute
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billing invoices and oversee client payments / AR collections
- Manage revenue recognition processes and procedures to ensure ASC 606 compliance.
- Manage staff accounting team
- Work closely with the VP of Fiance to support treasury operations including debt covenants and monthly financial reporting
- Act as an administrator to internal and external accounting GL and banking systems & interfaces
- Collaborate with other department leaders to create and maintain department budgets
- Create and manage internal financial controls and accounting procedures in accordance with US GAAP
- Coordinate the provision of information and manage the relationship with external auditors for the annual audit process
- Comply with local, state and federal governments reporting requirements and tax filings, including State Nexus assessments
- Partner with finance and others to lead key ad hoc projects that support scale across the company
What you need
- 6-8 years of accounting experience in either a corporate, consulting or audit capacity
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting
- CPA Required
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with ASC 606 and services & saas company revenue recognition
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial processes (specifically the month-end close) and a track record of process improvements
- Attentive to detail while also able to see the bigger picture and balance priorities accordingly
- Passionate about providing timely and accurate insight into financial performance and implementing the processes and systems required to accomplish
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and work collaboratively
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.