Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We're looking for an Office Coordinator
We’re looking for a bright, dedicated, and friendly Office Coordinator to join our team. You will be integral in making sure our space runs like a well oiled machine. You will balance time on the office floor maintaining the organization and tidiness of our workplace, while supporting several administrative functions. You will wear many hats and have the opportunity to interact with staff, serving as a driving force for Built In’s office culture.
How you'll contribute
- Create a welcoming and professional first impression of the company by greeting visitors including prospective employees, customers, and investors
- Conduct daily office walkthroughs to ensure conference rooms, equipment, and common spaces are in working order
- Ensure that the office is stocked with healthy and diverse snack and beverage options
- Assist in planning events, both on and off-site, including company-wide meetings, team events, and office celebrations; hosting special visitors to the office
- Building positive relationships with our suppliers, service providers, and vendors
- Assists Management with meeting support for internal and external meetings with room management, catering, visitor support, etc.
- Prepares travel arrangement and calendar support for Executive Team
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
What you need
- 1-3 years experience supporting a workplace, facilities, or office management team
- Excellent at time management and able to balance long term and daily tasks when faced with frequent interruptions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A superpower for organization, solid and consistent time management skills
- Must be friendly, flexible, punctual, dependable, energetic and upbeat; self-motivated and solution-oriented with good follow through
- Customer service experience with high service orientation
- Comfortable with physical work and ability to lift at least 20 lbs
- Experienced with Mac products and Google suite preferred
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.