Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing
Built In is looking for a passionate, experienced Director of Product Marketing to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Growth, the Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for leading our product marketing (PM) function.
As our team lead, you'll help define and establish best practices for product marketing at Built In. You’ll also ensure that for each product launch, we have a well-founded and tightly coordinated go-to-market (GTM) strategy in place. You’ll be a strategic consultant, player-coach, marketing visionary, and team leader. You’ll work with product management, engineering, sales, customer success, and more. You will improve the way we bring products to market at Built In.
How you’ll contribute
- Build and enable an all-star team of product marketers to own, grow and scale product adoption, launch new products, and perfect product-market-message fit for Built In.
- Develop and continuously iterate on Built In’s product positioning, value propositions and messaging that inspires and differentiates Built from competition.
- Effectively manage cross-functional implementation of product marketing plans and establish best practices around PM by living at the intersection of sales, product management and marketing.
- Develop GTM launch templates for customers, customer-facing teams, prospects, and sales to ensure launch completeness, consistency, success -- and constant optimization.
- Ensure marketing program strategy and tactics are aligned to our buyer journey and brand to increase revenue-generating adoption and upsell opportunities.
- Create, update and store all product-specific content and collateral library that will be leveraged by internal and external-facing teams to help Built In effectively showcase customer’s success.
- Establish and optimize marketing support and processes for partners. Create messaging, value propositions and content to drive brand awareness, increase product adoption and fuel demand generation.
What you need
- 7+ years of product marketing experience
- 2+ years of managing Product Marketing Managers
- BA/BS in business or marketing/communications preferred
- Proven expertise and leadership in Product Marketing
- Ability to set process, coach others, and build relationships across teams
- Demonstrated success in crafting compelling value propositions
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs that drive growth
- Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving environment
- Believes in our mission to empower HR teams
Impress us even more
- Has built and scaled a PM function
- Experience in a HR or marketplace company
- Worked as a product marketer at both a large company and small startup
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.