Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter
We’re currently experiencing hyper growth and we are looking for a proven Senior Technical Recruiter to help us grow our Technology and Product teams. The ideal candidate is maniacal about providing a best-in-class candidate experience. You’re also a natural brand ambassador, great at building rapport amongst the best tech talent in the city.
How you’ll contribute
- Implement innovative recruiting strategies that attract diverse, high-quality candidates
- Collaborate in developing our and enhancing our employment brand
- Work closely with all hiring managers on headcount planning and process
- Develop creative ways to create talent pipelines, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Identify and engage passive candidates through the use of our own websites, LinkedIn, and other contemporary search techniques
- Create job postings, screen resumes, interview candidates, develop and negotiate offers
- Use data and reporting to identify areas of improvement and make recommendations
- Drive operational excellence and compliance and sets high recruitment standards
What you need
- 4+ years with full life-cycle experience recruiting with 2+ years of Tech Recruiting
- Must have in-house recruiting experience
- A demonstrated ability to effectively source and convert top tier candidates in hard to fill roles
- A natural knack of finding fun and disruptive ways to attract top talent, build relationships and establish Built In as an employer of choice in Chicago
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Professional demeanor, ability to handle matters confidentially and strong follow-through
Impress us even more
- Experience working in a company where you’ve been part of a team that has scaled and grown quickly… and you’re excited to do it again!
- You bring a current network of technical talent in the Chicagoland area
- Experience working with Greenhouse or similar Applicant Tracking System
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.