Built in is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in six (6) major markets. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs. By working at Built in you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate six (6) sites: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, & Boston. We are headquartered in Chicago.
We are now in six (6) markets with aggressive growth plans, and are expanding our sales organization. As a Sales Operations Director you will be responsible for managing the sales process, analyzing Salesforce realignment requests, acting as liaison on sales automation issues, developing distribution capability for promotional materials, designing and maintaining sales reports, and evaluating third-party solutions for sales effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analyze marketing and sales campaign performance and deliver actionable insights
- Establish clear expectations and processes for Salesforce account, contact, and opportunity tracking and own reporting and analysis for bookings, revenue, pipeline management and forecasting
- Present analyses to sales leaders and executive management with suggestions for next steps
- Maintain, segment, and analyze CRM and marketing automation data
- Perform regular data audits and develop and maintain database health reporting
- Track inbound marketing activity and measure lead funnel conversion
- Develop materials and lead training for sales teams on best practices with Salesforce while leveraging Salesforce to track and report progress across various product and industry segments
- Work with sales leadership, Finance & HR, to establish clear processes for:
- Territory tracking and reporting
- Goal setting and variable compensation tracking
- Sales training, collateral, demos, and case study development
- Quote, proposal, and legal document management and coordination
- 3-5 years of Sales Operations Experience .
- Prior experience with territory planning, commission plan design, and lead management
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com, Pardot (or other), and other sales automation software. Salesforce.com Administrator Certification preferred
- Strong report building and analytical acumen
- Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience developing and maintaining training materials and training curriculum
- Bachelor’s degree
What We Value
- A+ player - We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Sales Director with a strong track record of high performance. The ideal candidate has a history of being entrepreneurial, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building a pipeline of new business.
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm helps too.
- Communication - You should have the ability to speak and write clearly & concisely. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. Your ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization and probe for needs, is paramount. You should also be able to accurately read people to develop & execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services, and (3) Helping others. This is what we do!
- Strong Work Ethic – If you are passionate about Built in and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work. Don’t worry, we have an excellent PTO Policy!
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which should be easy) as well as, members our our tech community. Humility, selflessness and compassion are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality, & overall fit over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k), stock options, and benefits - We pay a really nice chunk of the cost on premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress - Come in your sweatshirt, jeans or college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food - We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have unlimited LaCroix, cold brew coffee on tap, and catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment - We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest, and love to have fun.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal & short-term sickness, as your good judgment and workload allows.
Built in is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.