Buildxact is a tech company that provides builders and trades with simple online business tools. We help our customers get ahead and stay ahead with estimating and job management software to manage the job end-to-end, from first contact and quote to final invoice. Our cloud software is now used to estimate and manage hundreds of millions of dollars of profitable construction jobs across Australia, New Zealand and North America. We are in scale up mode, continuing to expand our business globally.
Our Product team takes pride in designing and building software that is simple to use and onboarding customers to use it effectively. We are made up of designers, developers, and product managers who immerse ourselves in our customers’ worlds to guide the creation and support of products that transform the way they work. We experiment, collaborate, problem solve, make decisions, reflect, and grow. We do this all with pace and an agile mindset, with the goal to see our customers succeed.
As UX Designer you will be a key technologist within a tight knit team, leading the definition of a consistent and beautiful user experience across the entire Buildxact platform. You'll create what hasn't yet been created and deliver a user experience that drives customer attraction, conversion, and retention.
What you’ll nail
- Own the user experience process including concept design, user validation and testing, user story definition through to feature sign-off
- Prototype and validate key product features and functionality using lo-fi mock-ups or hi-fi prototypes
- Develop user flows/wireframes to articulate design rationale and capture feedback quick
- Prepare & conduct workshops, user/stakeholder research, synthesising qualitative and quantitative data and translating these into actionable insights
- Collaborate on concept design activities for Buildxact features within a multi-disciplinary team
- Produce clear user flows/wireframes and well-defined product feature designs for developer hand off and continue iterate post launch through meaningful insights
- Provide thought leadership concerning interface, interaction and device trends and guide and mentor the team on user design, best practices and design excellence
- Experience in user experience design within SaaS and cloud-first businesses
- You consider yourself a user centric practitioner. You get a buzz out of solving complex business problems elegantly, pragmatically and simply.
- You are ever curious, you elevate experimentation over certainty and have proven experience working in a test and learn culture
- You have a track record of successfully working with highly skilled development teams to deliver awesome features within a SaaS business from conception through to release and maintenance
- You are passionate, current on new technologies, and have robust software engineering and development fundamentals
Build your career with Buildxact!
Buildxact is a high-growth business, and you’ll be given the opportunity to experiment, solve problems, make decisions and work with pace towards a clear goal. Autonomy and empowerment are an essential parts of our values. You’ll be supported by an experienced team with a clear goal to grow rapidly across the globe, while you grow with the company.
It’s not all about the work though; we make sure we get to know each other and invest in the social part of work. You’ll have the great coffee, freshly refurb’d offices and other perks you love. We even offer fun added extras to help you stress less, like money towards hobbies and the flexibility to enjoy them.
We are dedicated to creating a diverse & inclusive employee experience where you can be yourself. We’re behind you.