In 2010 Buildout pioneered commercial real estate (CRE) marketing automation. Today, with over 35,000 brokers and with 12 of the top 20 brokerages counted as customers, Buildout continues to be the leader in CRE marketing automation in addition to recently launching valuable, integrated back-office workflow and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Developed in close collaboration with our customers, Buildout allows brokerages to bring their expertise to every stage of their deals all from within one platform. Our vision is that CRE dealmaking will be tech-powered, but human-led. We have a “some-nonsense” culture that embodies nerds and humor. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
The Product Marketing team is responsible for the go-to-market strategy that makes buyers mash the subscription and renew buttons. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will join a high-performing team responsible for driving sales and user engagement through effective product marketing, go-to-market, and customer engagement strategies. You will lead our messaging and positioning to the market, to our customers, and to our customer-facing teams. You will be a product and market expert, understanding the buyer personas, their journey, and charting our GTM strategy to win in the CRE broker solutions market. You’ll be the hub that links our product strategy to our tactics.
Join a seasoned and supportive team, work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams, and make a profound impact on the CRE space, ripe with greenfield opportunity, and your career journey.
How You’ll Contribute at Buildout
- You will lead product launches that make a memorable splash in the market.
- Your empathy and understanding of buyers and buyer behavior will not only inform value propositions and product messages but also our sales, marketing and customer engagement tactics.
- Your research and analysis of our customers and competitors will inform product positioning, messaging and help guide our product, marketing, training, sales and customer success teams.
- You will enable the sales and customer-facing teams with battlecards, conversation guides, presentations, demos, success stories, testimonials and collateral.
- You will develop content strategies and work with content producers to create web pages, blog and social posts, videos, and more.
- You’ll quickly make decisions that are informed by data and metrics, and are guided by your experience and training.
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 3+ years of experience of B2B SaaS product marketing
- Experience in a variety of product marketing functions including GTM strategy, messaging and positioning, pricing and packaging, data insights, and enablement
- Passionate about uncovering new insights about our customers, the CRE industry, and our competitive landscape
- You have the creativity and go-getter mentality to make a splash in the market
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills with a confident yet approachable demeanor
- Comfortable presenting and speaking in front of large audiences. You’re able to go from sitting on a call with a sales rep to presenting to senior leadership with finesse.
- You lead with influence and bring cross-functional team leadership skills and a track record of driving alignment across stakeholders
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities while staying cool as a cucumber
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or similar
- Experience in the commercial real estate industry is a plus, but not required
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are based in Chicago, but this is a remote-first role open across most of the US. This role has a targeted annual base salary range of $125,000 - $135,000.
Perks & Benefits
We built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Impactful insurance and benefit options, including offering plans that cover 100% of employee health insurance premiums, and company-paid STD, LTD, life insurance, and telemedicine
- Policies that support a healthy work/life harmony, including Flexible PTO, company holidays, paid parental leave, and give back days
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- A remote-first work culture with a monthly remote work reimbursement to support our distributed team, plus an office in Chicago for those who prefer an office setting
- Challenging problems to solve with a committed and supportive team who are invested in your growth and development
- A wonderfully quirky culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we will consider your request.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities.