In 2010 Buildout pioneered commercial real estate (CRE) marketing automation. Today, with over 35,000 brokers and with 12 of the top 20 brokerages counted as customers, Buildout continues to be the leader in CRE marketing automation in addition to recently launching valuable, integrated back-office workflow and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Developed in close collaboration with our customers, Buildout allows brokerages to bring their expertise to every stage of their deals all from within one platform. Our vision is that CRE dealmaking will be tech-powered, but human-led. We have a “some-nonsense” culture that embodies nerds and humor. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
Business Development Representatives are on the front lines of the sales team and have a key impact on our revenue and organization. You will generate new business and interest by prospecting through warm and cold outreach, speaking the Commercial Real Estate language, and building trust and excitement in our platform. This role is also a great way to develop your sales skills and propel you into other sales roles across the company. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will be joining a very strong sales team that values teamwork, performance, and growth.
How You’ll Contribute at Buildout
- Generate new opportunities for our sales team through outbound prospecting and high-touch outreach
- Maintain effective outreach to leads through different channels (Live Chat, Webinar, etc)
- Be an activity master by sustaining high activity (call and email) volume daily
- Become a commercial real estate nerd, understanding its tech industry dynamics, emerging opportunities and competitive trends
- Achieve and maintain monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities
- Meticulosuly track your sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce) and leverage tech tools to execute your sales strategy (SalesLoft, Sales Navigator)
- Develop strong relationships with prospects through game changing discovery calls in order to smoothly transition them to Account Executives
- Be an all star team player with Account Executives and collaborate cross-functionally with teams including Marketing and Platform Design
- Be welcomed into the innovative and collaborative Buildout team. Get to know your teammates and work in sync to deliver our number 1 mission: a world-class, end-to-end customer experience
- Make mistakes, improve for the next time, and develop enviably thick-skin from these experiences to propel you through the rest of your career, at Buildout and beyond
- Take the work, but not yourself, seriously
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 1+ years of professional work experience. Experience and love for prospecting is a plus (SaaS is a ++)
- A consistent track record of meeting and knocking goals out of the park in your professional, personal, or collegiate lives
- Learn-it-all who’s hungry for growth in an all-star sales organization
- Excellent communication skills, you can craft a compelling email and garner the interest of a prospect on the phone
- Positive attitude and resilience, especially when customers are not ready to invest in our product - rejection is a chance to learn!
- A team player and collaborator, your favorite deals are the ones where you help a teammate win
- Constantly improving, you’re someone who loves feedback and proactively finds new ways to get better at their job
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are based in Chicago, but this is a remote-friendly role open across most of the US. The base salary for this position is $50,000 with OTE of $70,000.
Perks & Benefits
We built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Impactful insurance and benefit options, including offering plans that cover 100% of employee health insurance premiums, and company-paid STD, LTD, life insurance, and telemedicine
- Programs that support healthy work/life harmony, including a remote-first culture, Flexible PTO, 13 paid company holidays, paid parental leave, and give back days
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- An office in Chicago for those who prefer an office setting, plus a monthly remote work reimbursement
- Challenging problems to solve with a committed and supportive team who are invested in your growth and development
- A wonderfully quirky culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we will consider your request.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities.