In 2010 Buildout pioneered commercial real estate (CRE) marketing automation. Today, with over 35,000 brokers and with 12 of the top 20 brokerages counted as customers, Buildout continues to be the leader in CRE marketing automation in addition to recently launching valuable, integrated back-office workflow and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Developed in close collaboration with our customers, Buildout allows brokerages to bring their expertise to every stage of their deals all from within one platform. Our vision is that CRE dealmaking will be tech-powered, but human-led. We have a “some-nonsense” culture that embodies nerds and humor. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
Our Product Support team takes great pride in providing our customers timely, efficient, and thorough assistance. As a member of the Product Support team focused on our Buildout Marketing platform, you will troubleshoot and analyze customer emails and live chats to provide them with an effortless customer experience. You should be driven to help customers and have the curiosity to dive deep into an ever-changing product to learn it inside and out. Providing a Buildout Quality customer experience requires empathy, initiative, and a growth mindset.
Are you a self-starter who wants to contribute fresh ideas, refine existing processes, and are passionate about helping customers and building relationships? We’ve got a great culture, and we’re looking forward to you adding your own influence to all that we do.
How You’ll Contribute at Buildout
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience through one-on-one interactions in the support email queue, live chat sessions, or phone calls.
- Based on the customer’s specific need, you will decide what method of communication will be most helpful for the customer, whether that means sending them links to Help Center articles (some that you will get to create when there are new features or updating FAQs), creating personalized visual instructions with GIFs or screenshots, transferring them to a live chat, or setting up a screen-share session
- You’ll collaborate with other departments including Product and Development, on behalf of our customers, to resolve and escalate issues, gather feedback to improve the product, or QA new features
- You’ll educate and empower our customers to become more comfortable using the platform
- You’ll optimize our Help Center documentation, share how-to’s and best practices with the team, and proactively look for ways to improve processes
- You’ll actively listen to our customers in order to provide solutions which address their root problems
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- Experience working in a customer-facing role and strong passion for making customers successful; experience supporting multiple SaaS products preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain complex topics to customers in a simple way
- Solutions-oriented by nature with the motivation to find issues and take the initiative to resolve them
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to manage and prioritize varied client requests
- Desire to learn and grow on the Product Support team, both deeper into the technical product knowledge or into leadership opportunities
- Nice to have:
- Experience with JIRA, Zendesk, or other customer support tools would be helpful but it’s not required
- Experience working in a Tier 1 customer support role
- Knowledge of Commercial Real Estate industry
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are based in Chicago, but this is a remote-friendly role open across most of the US. The salary range for this position is $44,000 - $59,000.
Perks & Benefits
We built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Impactful insurance and benefit options, including covering 100% of employee health insurance premiums, FSA and HSA plan, STD, LTD, life insurance, and telemedicine
- Policies that support a healthy work/life harmony, including Flexible PTO, company holidays, paid parental leave, and give back days
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- A remote-first work culture with a monthly remote work reimbursement to support our distributed team, plus an office in Chicago for those who prefer an office setting
- Challenging problems to solve with a committed and supportive team who are invested in your growth and development
- A wonderfully quirky culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we will consider your request.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities.