In 2010 Buildout pioneered commercial real estate (CRE) marketing automation. Today, with over 35,000 brokers and with 12 of the top 20 brokerages counted as customers, Buildout continues to be the leader in CRE marketing automation in addition to recently launching valuable, integrated back-office workflow and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Developed in close collaboration with our customers, Buildout allows brokerages to bring their expertise to every stage of their deals all from within one platform. Our vision is that CRE dealmaking will be tech-powered, but human-led. We have a “some-nonsense” culture that embodies nerds and humor. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
As a member of the team, you’ll act as the primary point of contact for your customers post-graduation, ensuring that we are consistently delivering on their expectations and that they are seeing success with their Buildout package. As a quota-carrying Customer Success Manager, you will own the entire one-to-many account management of our single seat broker accounts, renewing and expanding your book of business at scale. You should be driven to help customers and have the curiosity to dive deep into an ever-changing product to learn it inside and out. Providing a Buildout Quality customer experience requires patience, empathy, and a growth mindset.
How You’ll Contribute at Buildout
- Manage the customer journey from point of graduation onward, ensuring customers are happy, effective, and renew/expand with us year-after-year
- Own and manage revenue for your assigned customers, single-seat broker accounts, including all renewals, expansion, and upsell
- Regularly monitor and analyze customer health and interactions, identifying downsell and churn triggers and opportunities for upsell, and take action
- Support the sale of customization by identifying opportunity and working closely with the Implementation team to ensure a smooth experience
- Leverage your customers’ goals, proactively identify features that may be helpful to them, and drive adoption of those features
- Collaborate with other departments on behalf of your customer in order to resolve issues and coordinate their various requests
- Partner with the Manager of Customer Success to create strategic playbooks and develop and execute webinars for existing customers to support product adoption
- Identify and collaborate with your team on process improvement, and be willing and able to try out new things when something isn’t working
- Manage and complete workflows in Churnzero daily at scale
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 2+ years of experience in a sales or customer success/service environment, B2B SaaS experience a plus
- A track record of meeting and exceeding high-volume metrics and sales goals preferred
- Experience with ChurnZero, Gainsight, Salesforce, or other customer success software
- A tech whiz who can quickly learn and adopt new systems
- A juggling pro who can comfortably jump between various emails, tasks, calls, and trainings
- A knack for creating and improving processes and embracing change for the better
- A propensity to make strategic decisions based on data
- A customer-first mindset and passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience
- Experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry is a plus
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are based in Chicago, but this is a remote-friendly role open across most of the US. The salary for this position starts at $55,000 with OTE starting at $85,000.
Perks & Benefits
We built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Impactful insurance and benefit options, including covering 100% of employee health insurance premiums, FSA and HSA plan, STD, LTD, life insurance, and telemedicine
- Policies that support healthy work/life harmony, including a remote-first culture, Flexible PTO, company holidays, paid parental leave, and give back days
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- An office in Chicago for those who prefer an office setting, plus a monthly remote work reimbursement
- Challenging problems to solve with a committed and supportive team who are invested in your growth and development
- A wonderfully quirky culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.