In 2010 Buildout pioneered commercial real estate (CRE) marketing automation. Today, with over 35,000 brokers and with 12 of the top 20 brokerages counted as customers, Buildout continues to be the leader in CRE marketing automation in addition to recently launching valuable, integrated back-office workflow and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Developed in close collaboration with our customers, Buildout allows brokerages to bring their expertise to every stage of their deals all from within one platform. Our vision is that CRE dealmaking will be tech-powered, but human-led. We have a “some-nonsense” culture that embodies nerds and humor. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
Headquartered in Chicago with employees distributed across the country, we’re a fast-growing company who achieves our vision through our values of Team, Customers, Product, and Continuous Improvement. On our Sales team, we commit to discovering the needs of our customers, identifying ways that we can help solve their problems with our products, and selling them our solutions when we can add value.
Account Managers at Buildout are driven, value-centered individuals responsible for the revenue of their assigned accounts. For our customers, the role has an acute focus on being a thought leader, constantly identifying their biggest business pain points that can be solved via the set of tools that Buildout offers. For the business, Account Managers are drivers of current customer revenue and retention, ensuring our customers see value in Buildout
How You’ll Contribute at Buildout
- Own and manage revenue for assigned current customer territory, including all renewals, expansion, and upsell
- Create and maintain Account Plans for your customers, identifying account strategy, key stakeholders, and growth potential
- Establish value-driven relationships with account decision-makers, ensuring their business needs are being met by the existing tools in their tech stack while uncovering additional needs that can be met by new products
- Actively strategize and source additional product sales within assigned book of business
- Being a commercial real estate expert, fluently speaking to industry and market trends with a keen understanding of the deal cycle and roles in a brokerage
- Leverage internal technology and tools to optimize workflow and maximize output
- Cross-team collaboration within Buildout to create and launch customer projects, knowing which resources to pull in when with current customer requests
- Manage pipeline and dealflow using SFDC, understanding and following established workflows and rules of engagement
- Be an internal thought leader and play a role in constantly improving and evolving the team’s processes while contributing to the team culture as a supportive team member
- Become a brand ambassador to Buildout, living our core standards each and every day
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 3+ years of experience in account management, new business closing, or outbound prospecting, in a high-volume SaaS company preferred
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding high-volume metrics and sales goals
- In depth knowledge and experience using Salesforce CRM, overseeing high-volume transactional sales, forecasting, and pipeline management
- Proactive account planning and relationship management, bringing value to both technical and business decision makers
- A champion of growth and adversity, excited about contributing towards the growth and evolution of a company and product, not being adverse to change happening around them
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry is a plus
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are based in Chicago, but this is a remote-friendly role open across most of the US. The base salary for this position starts at $60,000 with OTE starting at $95,000.
Perks & Benefits
We built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Impactful insurance and benefit options, including covering 100% of employee health insurance premiums, FSA plan, STD, LTD, life insurance, and telemedicine
- Policies that support a healthy work/life balance, including Flexible PTO, company holidays, paid parental leave, and give back days
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- An office in Chicago for those who prefer an office setting, plus a monthly remote work reimbursement
- Challenging problems to solve with a committed and supportive team who are invested in your growth and development
- A wonderfully quirky culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.