In 2010 Buildout pioneered commercial real estate (CRE) marketing automation. Today, with over 35,000 brokers and with 12 of the top 20 brokerages counted as customers, Buildout continues to be the leader in CRE marketing automation in addition to recently launching valuable, integrated back-office workflow and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Developed in close collaboration with our customers, Buildout allows brokerages to bring their expertise to every stage of their deals all from within one platform. Our vision is that CRE dealmaking will be tech-powered, but human-led. We have a “some-nonsense” culture that embodies nerds and humor. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
Our Sales org is committed to understanding the needs and challenges of our customers, identifying creative and strategic ways that we can help solve their problems, and selling them our solutions when we can add value.
Associate Account Executives (AE) are responsible for understanding our customers and what drives their success, effectively communicating and demonstrating the value of Buildout solutions, and aligning the right solution to solve for the unique challenges of each customer. As an Associate Account Executive working with our Broker customers, you will manage the full sales cycle, from prospecting to running product demonstrations, to closing new business. Reporting to the Business Development Manager within the Sales organization, you will be joining a very strong sales team that values teamwork, performance, and growth. This role will have a sizable and direct impact on our revenue goals and you will be serving in a critical segment with a lot of new business potential.
How You’ll Contribute at Buildout
- Understand your prospects’ unique business, what matters to them, and how Buildout can be of service
- Drive revenue growth in your territory by leading game-changing discovery calls, delivering impactful product demonstrations, drafting on-the-nose proposals, and winning the hearts, minds (and contracts) of your prospects
- Be maniacal about your pipeline, building and maintaining a healthy set of opportunities to meet individual sales quota, including monthly and annual ACV goals
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through proper use of sales tools
- Become a commercial real estate nerd, understanding its tech industry dynamics, emerging opportunities and competitive trends
- Be an expert and advocate for Buildout’s product suite, knowing its value to various personas and properly showcasing the right solutions for each customer
- Be welcomed into the innovative and collaborative Buildout team. Get to know your teammates and work in sync to deliver our number 1 mission: a world-class, end-to-end customer experience
- Make mistakes, improve for the next time, and develop enviably thick-skin from these experiences to propel you through the rest of your career, at Buildout and beyond
- Take the work, but not yourself, seriously
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 1-2+ years of quota carrying experience as a BDR or AE with a focus in new business development (SaaS experience preferred)
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding high-volume metrics and sales goals
- Experience managing high-volume, transactional sales, forecasting, and pipeline management
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- A team player mentality, highly coachable, self-motivated and interested in growing a career in technology sales
- A collaborator, your favorite deals are the ones where you helped a teammate win
- Constantly improving, someone who loves feedback and proactively finds new ways to get better at their job
- Insatiably curious, adaptable to change and desire to learn in a fast-paced sales environment
- A dot-connecter, someone who pieces together the puzzle of a prospect’s world
- Experience using Salesforce CRM preferred
- Experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry is a plus
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are based in Chicago, but this is a remote-friendly role open across most of the US. The base salary for this position starts at $55,000 with OTE starting at $80,000.
Perks & Benefits
We built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Impactful insurance and benefit options, including covering 100% of employee health insurance premiums, FSA plan, STD, LTD, life insurance, and telemedicine
- Policies that support healthy work/life harmony, including a remote-first culture, Flexible PTO, company holidays, paid parental leave, and give back days
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- An office in Chicago for those who prefer an office setting, plus a monthly remote work reimbursement
- Challenging problems to solve with a committed and supportive team who are invested in your growth and development
- A wonderfully quirky culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.