In 2010 Buildout pioneered commercial real estate (CRE) marketing automation. Today, with over 35,000 brokers and with 12 of the top 20 brokerages counted as customers, Buildout continues to be the leader in CRE marketing automation in addition to recently launching valuable, integrated back-office workflow and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Developed in close collaboration with our customers, Buildout allows brokerages to bring their expertise to every stage of their deals all from within one platform. Our vision is that CRE dealmaking will be tech-powered, but human-led. We have a “some-nonsense” culture that embodies nerds and humor. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
Headquartered in Chicago with employees distributed across the country, we’re a fast-growing tech company that achieves our vision through our commitment to our Team, Customers, Product, and Continuous Improvement. As our Senior Analyst, you’ll serve as the analytical engine for the financial planning, analysis and forecasting for the organization and provide timely and accurate information to our Senior Leadership Team and Investors. You’ll be responsible for understanding the drivers of the business, establishing relevant metrics to track performance, and incorporating into operating budgets, forecasts, and board preparation. This is an exciting opportunity to report directly to our CFO and support critical initiatives throughout the organization.
How You’ll Contribute at Buildout
- Create and maintain monthly financial operating model
- Collaborate with the Accounting team on the monthly Board reporting package, including analysis of actual vs forecasted results
- Participate in the development of monthly and quarterly operating reviews
- Support the annual strategic planning and budgeting process with the Senior Leadership Team and deliver forecast updates down to the department level
- Liaise with our Private Equity sponsor to construct and communicate analyses of business performance and M&A opportunities
- Perform ad hoc analyses to provide strategic insights into how we’re tracking to department and company goals
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 3+ years of experience in corporate FP&A or investment banking; SaaS experience is preferred and experience in private equity environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Highly proficient in Excel with ability to build complex operating and financial models
- Demonstrated experience working with large amounts of data to build complex analyses and support strategic decision making
- Ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts in a simple and polished manner for decision makers
- Action-oriented mindset with affinity for working on difficult problems and driving for results
- The ability to work independently, prioritize a wide range of tasks, and hit deadlines
- Highest degree of integrity and trust
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are based in Chicago, but this is a remote-friendly role open across most of the US.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $110,000 based on experience.
Perks & Benefits
We built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Impactful insurance and benefit options, including covering 100% of employee health insurance premiums, FSA plan, STD, LTD, life insurance, and telemedicine
- Policies that support a healthy work/life balance, including generous PTO, company holidays, paid parental leave, and give back days
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- An office in Chicago for those who prefer an office setting, plus a monthly remote work reimbursement
- Challenging problems to solve with a committed and supportive team who are invested in your growth and development
- A wonderfully quirky culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we will consider your request.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities.