In 2010 Buildout pioneered commercial real estate (CRE) marketing automation. Today, with over 35,000 brokers and with 12 of the top 20 brokerages counted as customers, Buildout continues to be the leader in CRE marketing automation in addition to recently launching valuable, integrated back-office workflow and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Developed in close collaboration with our customers, Buildout allows brokerages to bring their expertise to every stage of their deals all from within one platform. Our vision is that CRE dealmaking will be tech-powered, but human-led. We have a “some-nonsense” culture that embodies nerds and humor. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
Headquartered in Chicago with employees distributed across the country, we’re a fast-growing tech company that achieves our vision through our commitment to our Team, Customers, Product, and Continuous Improvement. It is our intention to create exceptional, high quality products that lead the Commercial Real Estate industry into the future and delight our customers.
Crucial to achieve that intention, our software team works closely with our Product team to build and improve our industry-leading commercial real estate CRM. We are looking for someone to build and improve on our Lite CRM – to create elegant and easy-to-use integrations between our marketing platform and CRM options (Rethink, Apto, Lite CRM).
How You’ll Contribute at Buildout
- Build and launch excellent software by:
- Understanding our customers and their needs
- Engineering elegant and practical solutions
- Iterating on and polishing your work to meet the standards for Buildout Quality
- Help your team lead break large projects into smaller components and estimate that work
- Work with your team’s Product Manager to ensure everyone is on the same page and the user experience is consistently great
- Perform code reviews for your fellow team members
- Set and achieve Buildout sponsored personal and professional goals
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- A minimum 5 years of back-end or full-stack experience (7+ years preferred)
- Ruby on Rails experience required (at least 2 years)
- Can expand to other MVC web frameworks (Laravel, Spring, Django) depending on candidate pool size
- We use React, so 2+ years React experienced would make life easier and Vue.js strongly preferred
- Product-focused SaaS B2B/B2C web development product experience – Bonus: Commercial Real Estate, FinTech, or PropTech experience!
- An ability to move quickly in an an ambiguous environment
- An openness to interfacing with customers to better understand what they need
- A wanting to Learn-it-all personality (versus know-it-all)
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We are based in Chicago, but this is a remote-friendly role open across most of the US.
The salary range for this position starts at $145,000.
Perks & Benefits
We built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Impactful insurance and benefit options, including covering 100% of employee health insurance premiums, FSA plan, STD, LTD, life insurance, and telemedicine
- Policies that support a healthy work/life balance, including generous PTO, paid parental leave, and give back days
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- A monthly remote work reimbursement
- Challenging problems to solve with a committed and supportive team who are invested in your growth and development
- A wonderfully quirky culture where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to work
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we will consider your request.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities.